Get your Cold Brew On!
It’s twice as caffeinated and way less acidic. It keeps a long long time giving you the most for your coffee investment.
It also tastes amazing bringing out nuanced flavors in the coffee!
How do you cold brew? It’s easy!!
Ingredients: Dirty Girl Coffee, Filtered Water
Equipment: A container, Something to filter with.
● First, find a LARGE food grade container. A mason jar, pitcher, bucket… anything will do! If you have a French press, you can use that too!
● Coarsely grind coffee for your brew. Coarse grinding will keep the finish clean and not cloudy. (If your coffee is dusty or cloudy your grind may be too fine.) We like a 1:4 coffee to water ratio to create a nice concentrate. Some like a 1:6 ratio or even a 1:8 ratio to drink without diluting. Experiment and find your happy place!
● Place the coarsely ground Dirty Girl Coffee in your container and add water. Let stand at room temperature for 16-22 hours. The longer it stands, the more caffeinated the final product. Cold brew is twice as caffeinated as hot brewed coffee due to the water’s extended contact with the coffee. It is also far less acidic compared to hot brewed coffee.
● Now it’s time to filter the grounds! If using a French press... press and pour your finished awesome cold brew in a container for storage. If your batch is gigantic, use a sieve and a piece of muslin to filter your coffee… figure out the best method for you. We like using a small muslin bag. We put 6 oz. of coffee in the bag, pour water through the grounds, tie bag shut and throw it in a mason jar. 20 hours later, Voila! Pull the bag and the coffee is done!
● Enjoy your cold brew! If you chose a 1:4 or 1:6 ratio, dilute with 50% water, hot water, sparkling water, milk, or use the concentrate in a fantastic cold brew cocktail! If you chose a 1:8 ratio enjoy as is. Cold brew keeps for about 2-3 weeks in the refrigerator.
All of our coffees are delicious cold brewed or hot, but we especially LOVE our Ruby Roast!
Want our amazing Cold Brew at your Bar or Restaurant?
We have Sankey kegs ready to join your tap lineup!
Toddy concentrate makes a great mixer and is available in 32 oz. growlers. 12oz longnecks are available in cases of 24 for single serve ready to drink offerings.